A Horrible Experience With C1 Truck Driving School Indianapolis, Indiana
After answering an ad for truck driver with paid training, I talked to a recruiter and signed up. I drove 900 miles to Indianapolis. I was placed at a Holiday Inn Express. I was put with a room mate who left after 1 day. I was then switched from room to room, room mate to room mate. The hotel manager treated the C1 students with disdain. We were warned to not hang around the front of the hotel and relegated to the back parking lot to smoke. Our rooms were subject to searches for drugs and/or alcohol. We were bunked 3 to a room for 3 nights when the hotel overbooked. I was given a cot with a fitted sheet-no blanket.
The first week was book learning. Our instructor was a cranky ex-driver who took verbal shots at anyone who didn't suit her. We were treated and spoken to like kindergarteners. I passed my CDL written tests.
The 2nd week we went out to the driving area to begin our time in the truck. This was November in Indiana. It was so cold and misty raining. 2 people were taken into the truck at a time. With a group of about 17, I stood in the parking lot, soaked to the skin for 2 hours before I had truck time. I got in the drivers seat of the truck. This was the 1st time I had been in a semi. The instructor had me back up and pull forward. I was having difficulty and the truck drifted. He made me so nervous and berated me for drifting. After 15 minutes I got out and waited another 2 hours in the rain. I was already fighting an ear infection and my right ear was clogged.
The next day I was sick with a cold and ear trouble. My shoes were still soaked from the day before. I was assigned to an instructor to have me drive on the road. It was loud in the truck with the engine running and with him to my right I was having trouble hearing. I turned left instead of right and he went into a tirade, telling me that it was his *** truck and I WOULD follow his instruction. I was grinding gears, trying to find the right pattern. He would growl at me to stop grinding the gears. He took the gear shift and jammed it into place 2 or 3 times. I was panicking and about to cry. I finally had enough and told him I wanted out of the driver seat. He yelled at me,"You can't just stop when you want to!" I made it back to the parking area of the school but ran over a grassy area. He turned and yelled at me, saying,"Oh that's just great! Now your tearing up the property!" The instructor had me fill out a form, failing me for the day. I went to the front office person. I was devastated, in tears and furious. I told her I would not be treated that way. They dismissed me from the school which I had already decided to leave. There's no way that I could learn in that environment.
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. Particularly women. All of the instructors that I encountered were nasty, condescending and disrespectful.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had 10 lessons with Violeta Patrascu. Her grasp of the English language leaves a lot to be desired ( she tells you to use your fingers when pressing the..."
- "Caldwell Idaho, sage students keep cutting the corner at my property and keep running over the ditch cover. Called and complained to them many time and they keep telling me..."
- "I do not have anything bad to say about the teachers, they all have their own teaching style, and unlike the old days, they expect you to have studied the..."
- "My nephew who goes to rise learning center is entered in the Chicago bears kids club. First the coupon he got came on the day it expired and second the..."
- "I bought a dress from TBdress that was stated to be 'burgundy". They delivered a bright red dress. Further, the dress was sewn with measurements that were smaller..."
- "I ORDERED A MARKET FRESH TURKEY BACON RANCH SANDWICH FRIES AND LARGE DRINK --- ONLY TO DRIVE OUT OF THE DRIVE THRU WITH 2 ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES --- NO FIRES..."
- "On February 2 I placed an incorporation order with LegalZoom - one which cost more than $500. Since that time the order has been placed on hold FIVE times. They..."
- "My husband had me pick out a floral arrangement for Valentine's Day. When It arrived it looked nothing like it should have. Not even close. It looked more like something..."
- "I signed up for a free trial to try this product when my hair was falling out after pregnancy. The website looked official and I called the number to verify..."